Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Who Am I?

My main mission for this year is to get to serious about writing the family stories that I have been intending to document for many, many years. It totally overwhelms me, so I never get anywhere with the project.


Tonight I started a four week course with Melanie Kindrachuk from Four Rooms, designed to get us motivated to write our life story.  Our first exercise was to tackle 'Who Am I?' in five minutes. This is what I wrote:


I am.
Very much.
I am filled
with a lifetime
of memories, of thoughts, of visions;
past, present, future.
They fill me up
and swirl
and swirl
inside my head.
'Round and 'round
and 'round.
They want out.
so there is space for more.

I am big.
Big in my head.
In my heart.
In my dreams.
I'm okay with that.
I have no issues with Big.
I like living Big.

What I want and need to do
with all that bigness
is to sort it out a bit.
I need to leave it
in better shape
than it is in my head.
I want the swirling
to settle
gently,
so I can leave it all
in a neat little package,
tied with a red ribbon.




No comments: