Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Gallery Photos

Close ups of the pictures for the Gallery Show:
The factory used to make rollerskates - hence the skates & old tin lunch box. To the right are the big red steel sliding doors & left is the little booth and stair way up to the work area. The lady to the right in the photo above & the man behind her - he's centre, with the moustache & she's on the staircase below - are my Great Grandparents - immigrated from Ireland.
I love that these people, who have been gone from this world for so long, can have us gazing into their eyes, still having a presence here. If it weren't for those two people - where would I be??

2 comments:

Dianie said...

Ev,
I love this! I have always been fascinated by our past relatives, places and history.
You are right.. where or who would we be..

~Diane

vintagepaletteart said...

Ev............you should be very proud! Your pictures are amazing! What an honor!

*Lori